- There will be NO Study Hall today after school or Thursday after school
- On Oct 25, 2017 students from Hayden competed in the Emporia Math Day. We were in Division I, which is comprised of 4A, 5A, 6A and private schools. The Algebra team of Luke Kramer, Yuji Kwon and Jack Ossello earned 6th place out of 24 teams. The Geometry team of Cece Davidson, Brett Funk and Braden Purcell earned 11th place out of 24 teams. Great Job!!!!
- Topeka Model UN meeting – Wednesday at 3:15 in Room 115
- November’s Community Challenge starts today! Be sure to ask your House Leaders, Mr. Lamb, or Mrs. Schmidt about details. In short, there are 3 phases to competing:
1) Penny Wars fundraising from Nov. 7-Nov. 14
2) Turkey Ain’t Trivial Trivia on Nov. 8
3) Human Turkey Bowling on Nov. 15.
The FIRST Penny Wars starts today! All communities will compete in Penny Wars to raise money for families in our community in need! Jars will be in the cafeteria during lunch, so grab your change! Remember, “silver and green is always mean, but pennies score; that’s why it’s called Penny Wars”!
- Good job to debaters Charlie Roeder, Rachel Grollmes, Isabelle Pryor, Jack Dunshee, Brett Funk, Kiana Magee, Ava Lemon, Adriana Baker,
Marcel Pryor, Nic Quaney, Zach Purcell and Brady McGivern for a hard-fought, valiant effort at this weekend’s small, but very competitive tournament at Shawnee Heights! Though the squad did not finish with a winning record, valuable experience was gained heading into the final stretch of the season!
- Congrats to the Hayden Scholars Bowl team of Braden Purcell, Charlie Roeder, CeCe Davidson, Jack Osello, Brett Funk, and Thomas Doyle, who competed at last week’s Varsity tournament at Silver Lake. The team’s winning 3-2 record resulted in a three-way tie, but the squad just missed making the semi-finals, though it is a good start to the year!
- There will be a meeting for all boys planning on going out for Swim Team on Thursday immediately after school in the cafeteria.
- There will be a meeting for all boys planning on going out for basketball (that are not still out for a fall sport) on Thursday right after school in the gym.
- Reminder to all students: If you are planning on going out for a winter sport and have not turned in a physical and concussion form to Mr. Taul then you must do so prior to the first practice on Monday, November 13th.