Tuesday’s spirit day is “Make Yourself at Home”. Think comfy sweats and flannel pajama pants.
Tickets for the homecoming dance will be on sale at all lunches this week through Thursday, September 20. Tickets are $5 each and MUST be purchased in advance. If you do not purchase your tickets at lunch, you will be charged $10 and there will be no tickets sold at the door unless you have administrative approval. Outside date forms are in the office. They must be turned into Mr. Tush by Wednesday, September 19 at NOON.
There will be a Drama Club meeting after school today in Wildcat Hall. Please bring your t-shirt money and ThesFest forms to this meeting. See Mr. Rad if you have questions.
Don’t forget Topeka Model UN, this coming Thursday at 7:20 in Coach Roach’s Room, Classroom 115. So come in and join the fun.
There will be no after school study hall through September 28. We will continue to offer study hall Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7:00-9:00 PM and Saturdays from 8:00 AM – Noon. After school study hall will resume October 2.
Commendations to Charlie Roeder, Jack Dunshee, Alexa Scheer, Brett Funk, Alejandro Calderon, Thomas Doyle, Joshua Anderson, Cole Scheer, Sean McConnell, and Graidy Nichol for their hard work at Washburn Rural’s debate tournament this weekend. The squad’s 11-17 record was capped off with Sean and Graidy receiving first and second speaker awards in the novice division.
Hayden cross country competed in Bonner Springs over the weekend. Congratulations to Tanner Newkirk, who placed ninth in a very competitive field!
Our first king candidate is Connor Andres. Connor is the son of Kent and Barb Andres and is a member of Christ the King parish. Connor’s accomplishments include:
- Varsity soccer-4 years
- Top soccer-4 years
- Tennis-2 weeks
- Superior honor roll-3 years
- NHS-3 years
- Rowdy bunch-4 years
Our first queen candidate is Sarah Carson. Sarah is the daughter of Tim and Jan Carson and is a member of Christ the King parish. Sarah’s accomplishments include:
- Golf-4 years
- Golf regional champion-2 years
- Golf 7th place individual finish in regionals-1 year
- Golf state champion-1 year
- Golf 17th place individual finish in state-1 year
- Student council-4 years
- Student council all school secretary-1 year
- Student council assembly committee-3 years
- Student ambassador-4 years
- Student ambassador leadership-1 year
- Washburn University high school leadership academy-1 year
- Hayden award winner-3 years
- NHS-3 years
- Honor roll-4 years
- Track manager-3 years
- Community system all school co-captain-1 year (shout out to Charlie!!!)
- House captain-1 year
- Art club-1 year
- School photographer-4 years
- Photography published in Catholiedescope, The Topeka Capital-Journal, The Leaven, and The Valley Falls Vindicator
- 2018 Nelson-Atkins Photography Scholar
- Basketball C team three point specialist-1 year